When it comes to Tampa jobs, temp employees are more important than ever. They help fill in when our regular employees are out sick or on leave. They help us catch up when our workload seems overwhelming. And they do it all without the prospect of future employment with our company.
Unfortunately, temporary workers aren’t always appreciated, simply because they aren’t expected to be with a company for more than a year. Often times employers see them as just another warm body in the office, and because of this, temp employees have a much harder time becoming engaged in their position. This often leads to lower productivity, reduced morale, and can even affect a company’s bottom dollar.
Do you want to get the most out of your temp workers? Don’t ignore them; do something that will have them rooting for your success and staying fully engaged in what your company stands for.
Temporary Tampa Jobs: Keeping Your Workers Engaged
There are several steps you can take to ensure your temp employees are interested and engaged in their job duties.
- Offer Training- Temporary employees are often overlooked when it comes to training offered by the company, simply because their jobs are so short term. This separates the temp from the rest of your workers- and not in a good way. By involving them in seminars, meetings, and classes offered by the company, temps will not only feel like they are part of the team, but they will also have the opportunity to learn valuable information and skills that will help them succeed with your company and any Clearwater jobs they take on after.
- Introduce Them- Again, your temps want to feel like they are part of the company while they are there. Don’t just shove them in a back office and forget about them. Introduce them to your permanent staff so they know who to turn to when they need help and will feel comfortable with their new position.
- Give Them What They Need- Your temp employee isn’t going to be engaged in their job duties for long if they can’t even do them. Give them everything they need from the start. Show them where the copy room is, explain the steps they need to take to finish their work effectively, and give them the tools necessary to complete the job. This may include everything from a computer to access to shared files.
- Give Feedback- When you review the work the temp employee has done, don’t just walk away. Remember that they are there to help you succeed, and they can’t do that if they don’t know what they are doing right and what they are doing wrong. If mistakes are being made, address them. If not, praise the employee for a job well done.
Keeping Temps Engaged in Clearwater Jobs
If you want to keep employees engaged in their temporary Tampa jobs, you have to step up and take some initiative. Offer them chances to become involved in the company, provide feedback, and give them the tools they need to be successful.
Looking for employees to fill your http://hhstaffingservices.com/locations/? Contact our Tampa/Clearwater office at (727) 538-4109 and visit us on Facebook for more exciting tips. We will be relocating our Clearwater office to Tampa on February 1, 2014. HH Staffing has 4 Florida locations to service all of your hiring needs. Watch us grow!
Latest posts by Karen Rehn (see all)
- Are you a bad Interviewer? 5 Things You’re Probably Doing Wrong - April 21, 2014
- Are you Spending More on Coffee Than Employee Training? - April 16, 2014
- 7 Kinds of bad Bosses- are you on the List? - April 14, 2014